MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Would you settle for watching a live concert in the comfort of your living room? Unfortunately, it’s not much of a choice with the recent cancelation of events across the nation due to the coronavirus pandemic.
A virtual concert called Band Together Mobile was held at Soul Kitchen. It began at 4 p.m. on Sunday and lasted until 10 p.m. The benefit was to support local Mobile musicians, especially during this time of need as many of them are left with no source of income.
All proceeds from Band Together went towards the Mobile music industry including musicians, engineers, technicians, venue employees, and production crews.
Plus, the virtual concert gave people a chance to do something other than watch Netflix.
The following artists performed at Soul Kitchen:
-The Red Clay Strays
The benefit also included interviews from people in the industry, sound engineers with helpful tips, bartenders showing you how to make a proper cocktail, and some other special surprises.
They also raffled off artwork from Abe, VIP tickets to Soul Kitchen shows, and band merch packages to those who donated.
- Get Prepared for the Season with the 2020 News 5 Hurricane Resource Guide
- Fire officials in Mobile on scene of possible on Esplanade Ave.
- VIDEO: Massive police presence on Airport at I-65
- Shots fired near Walmart and Lowe’s on Beltline in Mobile
- Second day of protests turn violent in Las Vegas, police arrest 103 people, 11 officers injured