UPDATE (3:17 p.m. 12/4/20) — According to Harrison County Sheriff Troy Peterson, the chase began when one of his deputies spotted a vehicle matching the description and plates of a man wanted out of Scott County, Miss., was seen traveling eastbound on I-10. The suspect (name not released) is wanted for shooting a man multiple times and kidnapping a woman. The man who was shot is still alive in critical condition.
The deputy attempted to stop the vehicle, and it fled eastbound on I-10. The high-speed pursuit crossed into Jackson County and then into Alabama, where it ended on I-65 southbound near Government Boulevard.
UPDATE (2:59 PM) — MPD and MCSO have confirmed its involvement in a car chase out of Mississippi in Harrison County.
Gulfport PD is also involved in the chase, according to MPD.
According to officials, the chase ended on I-65.
MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A police chase was reported to be in the area of Government Street Friday.
The video shows a large number of police cars all heading in the same direction at a fast speed.
There isn’t much information at this time, however WKRG News 5 is reaching out to officials for more details.
- California woman accused of questioning man’s immigration status, then attacking him with laptop
- Miley Cyrus to play Super Bowl concert for vaccinated frontline workers
- ‘That’s disingenuous’: DeSantis responds to White House claim about Florida vaccination numbers
- Southwest Airlines adds extra flights to Tampa for Super Bowl weekend
- Man points gun at witness who saw him steal fountain drink at Florida McDonald’s, deputies say