MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A van crashed into a house on Stone Court in Toulminville Saturday afternoon.
“I’m still wondering how it happened,” said Mason Sylvester.
Sylvester and his grandfather had just come home Saturday afternoon. He had gone to the dining room at the front of the home when he heard something.
“I just hear these tires screeching, and then something told me to back up so I backed up and then I heard a loud boom,” said Sylvester.
A van crashed into his grandparents’ home. It hit the corner of the house, in the same room he was just in.
“My heart is still beating pretty fast because it was really scary,” said Sylvester.
Sylvester and his grandfather say they saw the man being put in the back a Mobile police car. “I heard that he was drunk, but he was arrested and he is in police custody now,” said Sylvester.
No one was hurt.
“It just kind of heartbreaking, but I’m just happy no one was hurt,” said Sylvester.
- Bubonic Plague case diagnosed in China
- ‘God has another angel’: Broadway star Nick Cordero dies at 41 after COVID-19 battle
- Organizers scale back plans for the Alabama Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo
- Tropical Storm Edouard forms, moves through Atlantic Ocean
- Prosecutors attempt to schedule Friday court date for Epstein associate