UPDATE (3:30 am) — Donny Owens has been arrested and booked into the Mobile Metro jail.
GRAND BAY, Ala. (WKRG) — UPDATE (10:27 p.m.) Mobile County Sheriff’s Office has identified the suspect in the elder abuse case at a veterans home in Grand Bay as 49-year-old Donny Owens. MCSO is investigating at least two more locations and says there is still much more to come from this case. All six people at the home in Grand Bay have been transported to the hospital.
The Mobile County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a case of elder neglect at a veterans home in Grand Bay.
Capt. Paul Burch with the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office says a group of veterans living in a home along Lakeview Lane Extension was found in deplorable shape, appearing to have been lacking medical care for some time.
Six people were living at the home. Three have been sent to a local hospital and fourth person may be transported as well.
Burch said the sheriff’s office has not seen anyone affiliated with the home for several days to up to a week. Some residents can’t tell deputies how long they’ve been there.
This is a developing story. News 5 will provide more details when they become available.
- MCHD: Nearly 950 vaccinated in county’s first COVID-19 vaccination event
- Cold tonight, warm and dry trend ahead
- Teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant
- ADPH reports 130,000 vaccinations administered, still in short supply
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials