PRICHARD, Ala. (WKRG) — Two women have been charged with murder after a man died from his injuries from a shooting at Main Street Food Mart.
On Dec. 31 at about 11 p.m., police units responded to 1117 W. Main St in reference to a shooting call. When officers arrived, they found a David Lamar Green lying on the ground suffering from an apparent gunshot injury.
Two women, Kiya Henderson and Jessica Monique Hall, were taken in for questioning. They were later arrested and charged with first-degree assault.
Green later died as a result of his injury, and the charges have been upgraded to murder. A clear motive has not yet been determined, but police say Green was a frequent patron of Main Street Food Mart and was known by both women.
The case is still under investigation and has been presented to the Mobile County DA’s Office for further prosecution.
- Man says 7-year-old daughter ’embarrassed’ after student, then teacher cut her hair
- Texas man wrestled and gripped infant’s head ‘in a football hold’ prior to his death, affidavit says
- Improvements coming to Spanish Fort road after complaints of potholes damaging vehicles
- Last week saw highest ever level of global COVID cases over 7-day period
- April 21: ALDOT needs $40 million for road repairs, Pensacola’s Mayor is being sued over a toilet