BAYOU LA BATRE, Ala. (WKRG) — Sally is making the water rough, especially in south Mobile County. According to Mayor Terry Downey, two large casino boats broke loose from the city docks sometime before 10 this morning. One of the vessels swung around and damaged two fishing piers nearby.
Nobody was hurt. Downey said tugboats are on the scene trying to secure the boats again and the situation appears to be under control. What caused the boats to break free isn’t clear but storm winds and rain could be factors.
There’s flooding around Bayou La Batre. Portions of Shell Belt Road are covered with water and water is flooding some dock areas.
- LIVE: Trump lands in Florida ahead of Biden inauguration
- Mississippi man in custody after human trafficking investigation
- 10 things more likely than winning the huge Powerball, Mega Millions jackpots
- Ex-boyfriend of deported Russian agent pardoned
- Newsfeed Now: A historic Inauguration Day, 10-year-old CEO becomes best-selling author