BAYOU LA BATRE, Ala. (WKRG) — Sally is making the water rough, especially in south Mobile County. According to Mayor Terry Downey, two large casino boats broke loose from the city docks sometime before 10 this morning. One of the vessels swung around and damaged two fishing piers nearby.
Nobody was hurt. Downey said tugboats are on the scene trying to secure the boats again and the situation appears to be under control. What caused the boats to break free isn’t clear but storm winds and rain could be factors.
There’s flooding around Bayou La Batre. Portions of Shell Belt Road are covered with water and water is flooding some dock areas.
- “If it sounds too good to be true”: Fake auto sales rise during pandemic
- ‘Sexy COVID’ costumes won’t be made by costume maker Yandy for Halloween 2020
- Charles Barkley on defunding the police: ‘Who are Black people supposed to call? Ghostbusters?’
- Sonic adds Halloween-inspired drinks to its menu
- Brain-eating amoeba detected in Lake Jackson water supply, residents should not use tap