MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A thirteen-year-old girl is in Providence Hospital after her mother’s carelessness. On Friday, July 10, 2020, around 6:21 AM Mobile Police responded to the hospital in reference to the injured teen. After a thorough investigation, Mobile Police discovered the mother of the girl told a thirteen-year-old boy to drive her car while her daughter rode on the hood of the car “because it would be fun.”
When the boy went around a sharp turn the girl fell off the hood as they entered a wooded area. The girl sustained serious injuries.
44-year-old Zykeysha West, the girl’s mother, has been arrested.
- 1.2 million seek jobless aid after $600 federal check ends
- ‘Edward Scissorhands’ home in Lutz up for sale
- Should you send your children back to school during the pandemic?
- Teachers share concerns of returning to the classroom during pandemic
- Local high schools gearing up for unprecedented season