MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A suspicious package was found at the IRS building on University Boulevard Wednesday afternoon.
Steven Millhouse with Mobile Fire-Rescue said a wet package was delivered to the IRS building, and a HAZMAT team was called to inspect it.
When Fire-Rescue arrived, they examined an IRS employee who handled the package and found they showed no signs of illness. Millhouse said that person was released but will be monitored.
The scene was turned back over to the IRS.
- USA Health still awaiting state’s approval of proposed surgery center in Fairhope
- MPD allowing drop-offs for in-person absentee voting
- Mexico, U.S. reach last-minute deal on water debt payment
- Cooking with John: Autumn Beef and Cider Stew
- No. 2 Alabama looks to keep rolling vs struggling Tennessee