MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A suspicious package was found at the IRS building on University Boulevard Wednesday afternoon.
Steven Millhouse with Mobile Fire-Rescue said a wet package was delivered to the IRS building, and a HAZMAT team was called to inspect it.
When Fire-Rescue arrived, they examined an IRS employee who handled the package and found they showed no signs of illness. Millhouse said that person was released but will be monitored.
The scene was turned back over to the IRS.
- Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival canceled due to COVID-19 concerns
- CAREN Act: San Francisco ordinance would charge Karens who call 911 over racial bias
- US sets single-day record for new coronavirus cases with over 60,000
- Two-time world champion snowboarder Alex Pullin dies in spearfishing accident
- ‘I’m a grown woman. I know better’: Woman caught on camera making racist remarks at Black Lives Matter protest apologizes