MOBILE COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) — The affects of Cristobal could be seen at a park just north of the Dauphin Island Bridge. A strong storm band passed through Bayfront Park at about 10 Sunday morning.
High winds whipped the surf over the rocks bordering the park’s parimenter. The wind also pushed the rain sideways at it landed. You can see its impact along the Dauphin Island Parkway Causway. Wind and water have pushed a lot of debris up onto a portion of the northbound side. That turns part of the causeway into a one-way road while northbound drivers have to almost come to a complete stop to wait for oncoming traffic headed south.
- FBI investigates after Air Force helicopter shot in Virginia
- Prosecutors charge 3 with threatening women in R. Kelly case
- Keeping streets clean at Sturgis Rally 2020
- Mobile selected as potential location for dismantlement of retired aircraft carrier Enterprise
- New York, several other states order Sturgis bikers to quarantine when they return home from massive motorcycle rally