MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Those in South Mobile County are bracing for flooding as Hurricane Sally approaches the coast. On Monday, Dauphin Island mayor Jeff Collier urged residents and visitors to evacuate ahead of the storm. The Causeway is now closed.
Chad Petri was live near Fowl River this morning, seeing the waters rise as he was reporting on air. Any damage reports have not yet been shared but are expected as the sun rises.
It is always recommended never to wade in flood waters as there could objects that can cause serious injuries submerged.
- Coast Guard rescues father, 4-year-old son offshore Destin
- Stimulus check update: Democrats prepare $2.4T virus relief measure
- Pensacola City Council votes no on repealing mask mandate
- Mobile City Council to consider raising councilmember, mayor salaries for first time in 24 years
- President Trump unveils health care plan, signs order protecting preexisting conditions