MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — The young patients at USA Children’s and Women’s Hospital were in for a big surprise today. More than two dozen college football players and mascots from the Reese’s Senior Bowl visited the children as part of the 2020 Community Service Day.
Oklahoma and former University of Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts was among those players visiting with children, going room to room signing autographs for nearly two hours.
The hospital says the annual event is coordinated in part by child life staff members to help bring normalcy to the hospital experience for young patients and their parents.
- Lawmakers hope final presidential debate has more meaning
- Child found with bruises running in ‘fear for his life’; mother arrested
- Epsilon rapidly intensifies into a major hurricane in the Atlantic
- Foley barber catches a thief in the act and makes him pay
- Cyclist dies after crash on HWY 98, FHP searching for driver