MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — The young patients at USA Children’s and Women’s Hospital were in for a big surprise today. More than two dozen college football players and mascots from the Reese’s Senior Bowl visited the children as part of the 2020 Community Service Day.
Oklahoma and former University of Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts was among those players visiting with children, going room to room signing autographs for nearly two hours.
The hospital says the annual event is coordinated in part by child life staff members to help bring normalcy to the hospital experience for young patients and their parents.
- WWE Smackdown Superstars coming to Mobile Civic Center in March
- More than 33,000 attend Order of Venus Parade in downtown Mobile
- Ryan Newman in serious condition, injuries not life-threatening
- Float to honor the “Family of the Fallen”
- Racing world takes to social media reacting to Ryan Newman crash at Daytona 500