SARALAND, Ala. (WKRG) — The Saraland Walmart has closed early on Sunday and will not open until 7 a.m. Monday.
The announcement was made on Facebook:
Many are tying this to a recent threat made on social media, regarding potential riots that may erupt.
WARNING: The following tweet contains heavy profanity.
The person behind the tweet later said this was a joke, but some are still worried this may come into fruition.
However, Walmart has not confirmed this to be the reason behind them closing.
- FHP: Wrong-way DUI jeep collides with truck hauling flammable gas
- Orange Beach Church battered by Sally also lost steeple to Gordon in 2018
- Alabama Power makes progress with only 3,400 customers without power in Mobile
- Foley Pedestrian Bridge blue to honor first responders
- Baldwin EMC reports 46,470 members experiencing power outages due to Hurricane Sally