SARALAND, Ala. (WKRG) — A family in Saraland is having to evacuate from their home after flooding in the area.
The house near Bayou Sara suffered major flooding this week. The family says there are at least six inches of standing water inside their home and at least a foot of water outside the house.
The family claims to have asked the city of Saraland for sandbags but they did not receive any. One of the family members, who is pregnant, says her ultrasound photos were ruined in the flooding. They also say they have lost photos and memorabilia from their late father.
- North Mobile County License Commission, Revenue Commission offices to be closed due to power outages
- US economy notches record growth in third quarter but recovery incomplete
- Trump meets with rap star Lil Wayne in Florida
- Netflix raises subscription prices
- No substantial erosion reported yet at Baldwin beaches following Hurricane Zeta