UPDATE(8:58 PM 11/18/20) — Prichard Police have identified the victim of the deadly train accident. Dexter Earl Scott was killed while working on the train tracks Tuesday afternoon.
PRICHARD, Ala. (WKRG) — Prichard Police Chief Walter Knight confirmed one person has died and two others are injured in a train crash Tuesday afternoon. It happened on Wilson Avenue near I-165.
One of the injured was transported to the hospital by ambulance; the other injured victim was able to get themselves to the hospital.
Mayor Jimmie Gardner sent the following statement Tuesday evening.
“We mourn the death of a person killed here in Prichard. Our heartfelt condolences go out to the family of the victim.”Mayor Jimmie Gardner
You can read the full statement from the city below.
- EMT shot in Staten Island by man he was helping, suspect in custody: police
- Ride of Silence honors cyclists killed on the road, raises awareness
- House passes domestic terrorism bill in mostly party-line vote
- Florida inmate who escaped from work release back in police custody
- Poll analysis: Can Ivey avoid runoff?