UPDATE(8:58 PM 11/18/20) — Prichard Police have identified the victim of the deadly train accident. Dexter Earl Scott was killed while working on the train tracks Tuesday afternoon.
PRICHARD, Ala. (WKRG) — Prichard Police Chief Walter Knight confirmed one person has died and two others are injured in a train crash Tuesday afternoon. It happened on Wilson Avenue near I-165.
One of the injured was transported to the hospital by ambulance; the other injured victim was able to get themselves to the hospital.
Mayor Jimmie Gardner sent the following statement Tuesday evening.
“We mourn the death of a person killed here in Prichard. Our heartfelt condolences go out to the family of the victim.”Mayor Jimmie Gardner
You can read the full statement from the city below.
- Japan PM determined to hold Olympics, will cooperate with Tokyo and IOC
- California researchers developing wearable COVID-19 test strip
- ‘America needs to lead the way’: Democrats pleased with Biden’s first day in office, Republicans frustrated
- ‘Thankful to God’: New Orleans woman who was imprisoned at 19 receives presidential pardon
- Foundation honoring Stockton teen killed in crash makes first official donation