MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Prosecutors filed court documents on Tuesday saying they intend to seek the death penalty against Marco Perez.
Perez is charged with capital murder in the death of Mobile Police Officer Sean Tuder in January 2019.
On Tuesday, prosecutors also filed a motion to consolidate the capital murder case against Perez with several other charges including theft, receiving stolen property, and unlawful breaking and entering.
Investigators have said the gun used to kill Officer Tuder was stolen from an unlocked car.
- Romney says he won’t block vote on Trump Supreme Court pick
- What can Democrats do in response to Trump’s Supreme Court pick? These three scenarios are getting attention
- CDC warns Americans to ‘avoid’ trick-or-treating for Halloween
- Caught on Camera: Arkansas officer saves two-year-old boy choking on piece of candy
- Police in Connecticut releases body camera footage after traffic stop, arrest sparks outrage online