UPDATE (6:30 pm.) — Mobile Police confirm a man has died in a fiery crash that happened Monday morning around 12:30 a.m. on Government Boulevard near Azalea Road.
Police say two vehicles collided, causing one car to burst into flames. The driver of that vehicle was trapped inside the vehicle. Police say the deceased driver was male, but was “burned beyond recognition.”
The other driver involved was taken to the hospital for treatment.
Mobile Police say a preliminary investigation shows the deceased driver was traveling eastbound in the westbound lanes of Government Blvd.
UPDATE: (5:30 a.m.) — Police confirm the accident happened around 12:30 this morning.
MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Two cars were involved in a serious crash on Highway 90 in Mobile early Monday morning. It happened around 2 a.m. near Fausak Tires on Government. A section of Highway 90/Government was blocked off while police worked the crash. It’s not clear how many people were inside the cars. We are working to get more information.
- The Latest: Klopp welcomes ‘massive lift’ for reunited squad
- Bobby Joe Morrow, 3-time winner in 1956 Olympics, dies at 84
- Trump postpones G7 meeting, seeks expansion of members
- Locals take back tourist-free Waikiki during pandemic
- False claim targets wife of officer charged in Floyd’s death