THEODORE, Ala. (WKRG) — Thanksgiving, the day 19-year-old Tavon Holder died, was also his birthday.
His parents say he had a bright future. One cut too short when police say he was shot to death outside of the family’s apartment complex.
Holder graduated from Blount in May. He was accepted to the University of Kansas, but instead enlisted in the Army as a Geospatial Engineer.
“He was our engineer,” said his mother Natasha Craig-Myles.
A fundraiser has been set up for the family. You can find that here.
Police arrested two 17-year-olds in his death. No motive has been released.
- This teacher likes to point out the fun side of ‘physics?’
- Eric Church, Jazmine Sullivan to sing national anthem at Super Bowl LV
- Accident involving an overturned vehicle on Dauphin Street between I-65 ramps
- Harry Brant, son of supermodel Stephanie Seymour, dies at 24
- Former Florida data scientist Rebekah Jones says she tested positive for COVID-19 in jail