UPDATE: 3:15 PM: The Saddle Up Saloon sent this message to News 5 via Facebook Messenger:

The Saddle Up Saloon family is in shock and is traumatized by the event that happened Saturday morning after midnight. The owners of Saddle Up Saloon are on a preplanned, long-delayed vacation and are hurrying to return to be with their employees and staff. Saddle Up will not open this weekend and our sole concern is the recovery physically and emotionally of all our staff and customers. We are praying for the family of the deceased victim and our hearts are lifting his family in prayer. We have received many messages of support from our friends and other industry colleagues and we would like everyone to know that we thank you for your concern and will lean on your prayers as we navigate through this horrific time.

MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — One man is dead, two more people were wounded after a shooting early Saturday morning at a downtown Mobile Bar. Mobile Police say they arrived at the Saddle Up Saloon on Jackson Street to find 30-year-old Andrew Sims shot to death. They say two other victims showed up at a local hospital and were treated for non-life-threatening injuries.

39-year-old Freddy Diaz was arrested at the bar. He was booked into Mobile Metro Jail just before 7 am Saturday. Diaz was charged with murder and two counts of assault. Jail records indicate this is his first booking into Mobile Metro Jail. The jail log says he has a home address in Houston.

From MPD

On August 14, 2021, at approximately 2:19 a.m., police officers responded to a shooting at the Saddle Up Saloon, located at 9 North Jackson Street. Inside the business, officers discovered Andrew Sims, age 30, deceased from a gunshot wound. Two other victims arrived at a local hospital and were treated for non-life-threatening injuries.

The suspect, Freddy Escobar Diaz, age 39, was taken into custody on scene. He was later transported to Metro Jail and charged with Murder and two counts of Assault Second Degree.

Freddy Escobar Diaz was charged with murder early Saturday morning