MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — An empty gas tank prevented a suspect from getting away from police.
Police said 42-year-old Marcus Henry led officers on a chase Monday evening that started near Government Street and Joachim Street.
According to MPD, officers tried to pull over a driver in a stolen car, but the driver refused to stop. At one point, the driver went on private property, causing damage, police said.
The chase ended near Moffett Road and I-65 when the driver ran out of gas, police said.
Henry is charged with theft of property, attempting to elude, and leaving the scene of an accident.
- Birmingham Public library furloughing 158 employees
- Less rain Monday, cooler temperatures stick around
- Free tarps, water available at several Pensacola community centers
- Signs of Sally: Wedding message buried in Orange Beach sand uncovered after more than a decade
- AT&T crews work to restore service in Spanish Fort