MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — News release from MPD:
MOBILE, Ala. – On February 21, 2020, at approximately 11:23 p.m., police responded to the 2500 block of Halls Mill Road in reference to the report of one shot. Upon arrival, officer saw located a female victim on the ground suffering from an apparent gunshot wound. The suspect then fled the scene in his vehicle as police arrived on scene. Officers pursued the suspect in the area and came back to the location. As officers approached the vehicle, the suspect fired one shot that was self inflicted. Officers did returned fire striking the rear bumper of the suspect’s vehicle. The suspect then pointed the firearm back towards himself and pulled the trigger which ultimately caused his demise. His vehicle then crashed into a church in the area. The suspect was pronounced deceased on scene and the female victim was transported to the hospital with serious injuries. The victim is expected to survive her injuries.MPD email
- WATCH: OCSO looking for two people in video, possibly connected to shooting death of 15-year-old boy
- $10 million lawsuit filed for victims of Oakwood Terrace Apartments mass shooting
- What Kind of Paint Should I use on my House?
- Mobile real estate market is booming
- “Digital graffiti” art coming to the Gulf Coast