MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Public Safety Director James Barber told News 5 Monday that the older man in the wheelchair fired the first shot during a deadly shootout in a Neighborhood Walmart.
Two people died in the shooting on February 12. Police say 21-year-old Jaquess Thompson and 44-year-old Seantatis Kirksey were arguing inside of the store when the dispute escalated and both men pulled out guns.
Barber tells News 5 the investigation revealed Kirksey was the first to pull the trigger. Both victims died at a local hospital.
Right now, police are tracing the guns collected after the shooting.
- White House hosts event to share positive police stories as Congress works on reform
- French aerospace firm expanding operations in northern Mexico
- Complaint filed after border agents expel 2-day-old US citizen, lawyers say
- Two found guilty in the murder of Alvin Dees Jr.
- Two plead not guilty in fatal Phlawless II Hair Salon shooting