MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — UPDATE (3:22 P.M. 8/4/20): Mobile Police have identified the driver in an accident on West I-65 Service Road as 36-year-old Jonathan Nakhla.
UPDATE (5:05 p.m. 8/3/20): Mobile Police have identified the woman killed in a traffic accident on West I-65 Service Road Saturday morning.
On Saturday, Aug. 1, at about 12:41 a. m., police responded to West I-65 Service Road in front of the Econo Lodge hotel in reference to a traffic fatality. The vehicle was traveling south on West I-65 Service Road, left the roadway and rolled before coming to a rest in a ditch. The female passenger, identified as 24-year-old Samantha Alison Thomas, succumbed to her injury on the scene. The male driver was transported to the hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
Police arrived on scene to a traffic fatality on West I-65 Service Road in front of the Econo Lodge. Police say the vehicle left the roadway and rolled before coming to rest in a ditch.
The woman died on scene of the accident, while the male driver was transported to the hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
- Lightning bolt damages Florida patrol vehicle with deputy inside
- In scathing obit, Texas woman blames President Trump, ‘selfish’ people for husband’s COVID-19 death
- Sturgis residents rent homes to rally-goers
- 1.2 million seek jobless aid after $600 federal check ends
- ‘Edward Scissorhands’ home in Lutz up for sale