MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A 21-year-old woman was charged with willful abuse of a child after she told Mobile police she threw her infant on the floor to get him to stop screaming.
At about 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 29, Mobile police responded to Summer Place Apartments, 557 Azalea Road, for an injured infant. The mother told the investigator she wanted the infant to stop screaming so she threw him from the bed to the floor near the closet. That was a distance of about 11.5 feet. The mother then called family members about the incident and the family members called the police. The infant was transported to the hospital. He sustained bruised lungs. The full extent of his injuries is pending further testing.
Mekel Moffatt, 21, was arrested.
- Border Patrol agents ready to rescue migrants stranded in the snow and other harsh elements
- Former Super Bowl Champs settle Saints Jameis vs. Taysom debate
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- Winner of ‘Worst Cooks in America’ arrested in death of adopted 3-year-old daughter
- MPD: Traffic stop turns deadly after man armed with knife runs from police