MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A man has been charged with first degree theft after police found him cutting up power poles at an auto salvage store.
On Thursday, Aug. 13, at about 9:15 a.m., police responded to Ace Auto Salvage, 248 Fairway Ave., in reference to a suspicious call involving a theft. When officers arrived, the man was found standing near several light poles that were lying on the ground being cut up.
The man said he was cutting the light poles to scrap them for money. Michael Winston, 43, was arrested and charged.
- Protesters leave casket full of dirt, cow manure at North Carolina police station
- Run the GO Run and help raise money for local GYN cancer research
- Behind the scenes with Baldwin County EMA as Hurricane Sally recovery efforts continue
- Kentucky governor calls for release of Breonna Taylor evidence
- Woman says cemetery owners refuse to remove tree, told her to drive over graves