MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A man who was fleeing from Mobile Police struck a Mobile Fire-Rescue vehicle during a police chase Sunday.
On Sunday, Sept. 20, at about 1:45 p.m., police responded to the Econo Lodge, 156 West Interstate 65 Service Road South, in reference to a man armed with a gun making threats to kill multiple people at the hotel.
An officer located the vehicle in the area of West I-65 Service Road S. and attempted to initiate a traffic stop. The man refused to stop. A pursuit ensued to Government Street and Bayou Street, where he struck a Mobile Fire-Rescue vehicle driven by a district chief.
The man fled on foot but was taken into custody after a brief foot pursuit. The victim in the Mobile Fire-Rescue vehicle was transported to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
Officers discovered a handgun and ecstasy inside the man’s vehicle. Maurice Lewis, 19, was arrested.
- Tropical Depression Twenty-Nine has formed in the Caribbean
- All meters restored by Baldwin EMC
- Jaguars win Sun Belt Men’s Cross Country Championship
- Paws Across Pacific: Historic animal rescue flight provides hundreds of Hawaii shelter animals with forever homes
- Curfew in Chickasaw lifted