MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Mobile Police say a man broke an officer’s thumb during a scuffle while he was being arrested.
On Sunday, Sept. 20, at about 7 p.m., police responded to the 5000 block of Highway 90 in reference to a disorderly complaint. When officers arrived, they spotted a red vehicle pull around a gray vehicle and block the gray vehicle against a curb.
Officers spoke with the driver of the red vehicle. The driver resisted and scuffled with police while they attempted to handcuff him. One officer sustained a broken thumb due to the driver resisting arrest. Jeremy Burns, 37, was arrested.
- Oklahoma twins’ TikTok election video gets millions of views
- ‘We deserve to be heard’: Man on mission to make voting accessible to Americans with disabilities
- Tracking the Tropics: Hurricane Zeta crashes onshore in storm-weary Louisiana
- Challengers face uphill battle in Democratic stronghold of South Texas border
- Twitter, Google, Facebook CEOs face questions on content monitoring policies