UPDATE (6:26 am) — 27-year-old Joshua Kennedy has been arrested in connection to the murder.
MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — The Mobile Police Dept. is investigating a murder on Kooiman Street and Blackmon Street Sunday morning.
42-year-old, Nikil Merrida was found by officers dead in the street.
Full press release is below:
On Sunday, May 10, 2020 at approximately 4:22 a.m., police responded to the area of Kooiman Street and Blackmon Street in reference the report of one down. Upon arrival, officers found 42-year-old male victim Nikil Merrida deceased laying in the street. This is an ongoing Murder investigation.
- Hawaii to allow some registered nurses to perform abortions
- White Claw launching high-alcohol hard seltzer for summer
- NFL to restrict employees who refuse COVID-19 vaccine without ‘bona fide’ grounds
- ‘Prime suspect’ arrested in 1996 disappearance of Kristin Smart
- Antonio Lang pleads guilty to murder, sentenced to life for the death of DeLauna Anderson