Unedited press release from Mobile Police Department
UPDATE (02/08/2020) — On February 7, 2020, homicide detectives located and arrested the second suspect, 18-year-old Geoffrey Lee Johnson Jr., responsible for the killing of Mose. Johnson was transported to Metro Jail and charged with murder.
UPDATE (01/29/2020) — Through the course of this investigation, investigators located and arrested 18-year-old Margarrius Mikel Horn for the murder of 20-year-old Zackory Cortez Mose. Horn is charged with Murder, Possession 2nd and Pistol-Carrying without Permit.
MOBILE, Ala. – On Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at approximately 11:45 a.m., police responded to area of Schwartz Street and Hathcox Street in reference to the report of one shot. Upon arrival, officers located a male victim down on the side of street. The victim appeared to be suffering from a gunshot wound and was deceased on scene. The victim was identified as 20-year-old Zackory Cortez Mose. Mose was transported to the Alabama Department of Forensic Science where an autopsy will be performed. The investigation is ongoing.
- Moving from outrage to creativity: Oklahoma musicians,producers write songs to fight racial injustice
- Arkansas man delivers donuts to officers during protests
- COVID-19 has potential to spread during protests, marches, health experts warn
- Troy University’s police chief suspended following comments about George Floyd’s death
- Saints quarterback Drew Brees issues apology over controversial comments