MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Whether you’re planning to vote in the Democratic Presidential primary or the hotly contested Republican races for the US House and Senate we’re up to an important deadline. Monday is the last day to register or update your voter registration information.
You may have seen the ads with famous Alabamians encouraging people to register and remember their legal photo ID for the polls. Again today is the last day to register electronically. If you’re already registered and you haven’t moved since then no action is needed as long as you’ve voted recently. Both parties have relevant and closely watched contests this coming March 3rd. That may boost voter turnout compared to years where the races aren’t as competitive. Here’s a link to online registration.
Just a reminder, there is no crossover voting. It seems likely that the Republican House and Senate races will go to a runoff and it’s possible the Democratic House race could too. If you pick one party on March 3rd, you can only vote in the runoff for that party if one happens.
- White House hosts event to share positive police stories as Congress works on reform
- French aerospace firm expanding operations in northern Mexico
- Complaint filed after border agents expel 2-day-old US citizen, lawyers say
- Two found guilty in the murder of Alvin Dees Jr.
- Two plead not guilty in fatal Phlawless II Hair Salon shooting