MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — The Saenger Theatre in downtown Mobile is set to reopen its doors.
The Saenger Theatre has been undergoing extensive repairs after mold was discovered in the ceiling in late August. The mold was detected in the rotunda of the 1927 building. Workers had to install scaffolding to clean it.
The theatre posted to Facebook that the saga was over.
The next show at the Saenger will be The Elf On The Shelf: A Christmas Musical on November 20.
WKRG was given a tour of the theatre, just as crews were getting started with the repairs in September.
- Baldwin EMC giving out extra ice
- Elberta pulls together in first days of Sally recovery
- Road to Recovery: King Neptune’s Seafood Restaurant in Gulf Shores compares Sally damage to Ivan
- ‘Dewgarita’: How to make the Mountain Dew margarita Red Lobster’s now serving
- Woman gives birth in car at Tom Thumb parking lot in Crestview