MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — The Saenger Theatre in downtown Mobile is set to reopen its doors.
The Saenger Theatre has been undergoing extensive repairs after mold was discovered in the ceiling in late August. The mold was detected in the rotunda of the 1927 building. Workers had to install scaffolding to clean it.
The theatre posted to Facebook that the saga was over.
The next show at the Saenger will be The Elf On The Shelf: A Christmas Musical on November 20.
WKRG was given a tour of the theatre, just as crews were getting started with the repairs in September.
- Shooting near Knollwood Apartments
- Mobile Police investigate shooting on Michael Boulevard
- E. coli outbreak linked to Fresh Express chopped salad kits, health officials warn
- Alabama’s fallen heroes recognized through Wreaths Across America
- Trump administration looks to fund school choice for students federally