MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Mobile police say they’ve arrested a key player in an identity theft ring.
Police say 39-year-old Roseanna Russell stole and sold the identities of five people. She was also wanted for crimes in Mississippi and Louisiana.
Police arrested her Monday after they found forged documents in her home. Russell faces 12 charges, most of them are felonies.
MPD says more arrests are coming in this theft ring investigation. Police have been working this case since March of last year.
So far, they have connected the ring to 30 victims across The Gulf Coast area.
- California police arrest 27 in EDD scam; 130 debit cards, $150,000 in cash recovered
- Search underway for missing 16-year-old in Montgomery
- Oklahoma twins’ TikTok election video gets millions of views
- ‘We deserve to be heard’: Man on mission to make voting accessible to Americans with disabilities
- Tracking the Tropics: Hurricane Zeta crashes onshore in storm-weary Louisiana