MOBILE, Ala (WKRG) A Mobile firefighter was injured in midtown Sunday afternoon trying to rescue a cat.  It happened on McPhillips Avenue between Brown and Dauphin streets. 

A 911 call came out initially that the firefighter had been “electrocuted.”  However, the firefighter was unconscious after an electric shock he suffered behind an oven.  He was trying to save the cat and suffered the jolt.  Public Safety Director James Barber says the firefighter is doing better and did receive medical attention on scene.