PRICHARD, AL (WKRG) — Mobile District Attorney’s Office reports that 33-year-old Johnathan Reed was found guilty of Manslaughter and Reckless Endangerment for a 2017 Prichard murder.
41-year-old Harry Matthews was fatally shot at his own home on June 9, 2017, say the Attorney’s Office.
Mr. Matthews’s death was a tragic loss of life that could have been avoided if the defendant made different choices that night. We are grateful for the jury’s service and that the defendant was convicted for killing Mr. Matthews. I would like to thank my co-counsel Assistant District Attorney Louis Walker and the team at the Mobile County District Attorney’s Office for their hard work and dedication to this case.Assistant District Attorney Michaelyn Gober
- Orange Beach High School principal on administrative leave
- LIVE: Alabama COVID-19 vaccination update
- CDC recommends against getting other vaccines close to when you get the COVID-19 vaccine
- 1 of 3 Missouri jail escapees arrested in New Mexico
- BREAKING: Baseball legend and Mobile native Hank Aaron dies at 86