MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A young woman who lost her life in a crash over the weekend was a third-year medical student at USA, according to the many condolence posts now being shared on social media as word of her tragic death spreads.
Mobile Police on Monday identified the woman who died in Saturday’s crash on the I-65 Service Road as 24-year-old Samantha Alison Thomas.
Thomas was a passenger in a car that left the roadway and crashed in a ditch near the Econo Lodge hotel. The man who was driving was taken to a hospital, but his injuries are not life-threatening, police said.
“Heaven gained an Angel with this dear friend of mine,” one person said in a condolence post on Facebook. “You greeted everyone with a smile and an enthusiastic heart and I will forever cherish our fun times together at South Alabama.”
Another post said Thomas was “always a ray of sunshine” and there were no words to describe the loss.
- Labor Day holiday has yet to lead to virus surge in Alabama
- Late-stage study of first single-shot vaccine begins in US
- Government executes former soldier obsessed with witchcraft
- Sea turtle nest on Dauphin Island survives Hurricane Sally
- No more Uncle Ben’s, Mars reveals new name for rice brand