UPDATE (12:52 P.M. 8/13/2020) — Bond was denied for Garza, arrested and charged for a brutal stabbing murder on August 6th.
His arraignment is set for August 18th.
CITRONELLE, Ala. (WKRG) — UPDATE (8:27 P.M. 8/12/20): The Mobile County Sheriff’s Office arrested Rolando Rene Garza Wednesday night for the murder of Danny Ray Riordan. Riordan’s body was found badly decomposed on August 5th. Autopsy shows Riordan was stabbed more than 60 times.
The Mobile County Sheriff’s Office is investigating after a man’s body was found Wednesday night near Citronelle.
MCSO confirms they are investigating this as a homicide. According to deputies, the victim was last seen alive Saturday night and his body was discovered Wednesday night.
Deputies say the body was found in ‘an advanced stage of decomposition.’ It was found Wednesday night in a small trailer with no power on Brown Blankinchip Road in Citronelle. The sheriff’s office has not said how he died.
The victim has been identified as 62-year-old Danny Ray Riordan.
The Mobile County Sheriff’s Office is asking anyone with information in his death to come forward.
- Make-A-Wish surprises 4-year-old cancer survivor with puppy
- Missouri 18-year-old finds fossilized mastodon tooth in river
- Hurricane Sally reveals ship that was submerged for decades
- Man accused of trying to kidnap 2-year-old from car backing out of California parking spot
- ‘I don’t know what day it is:’ Power crews still working in hard-hit areas