MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A man was booked on a manslaughter charge Friday morning, more than a year after a deadly crash in Mobile County.
Russell Floyd was booked into Metro Jail on a grand jury indictment.
On Jan. 5, 2019, Alabama State Troopers said Floyd was driving a car that collided with a truck near Dawes Road and Johnson Road.
A passenger in Floyd’s car, Larry Gilmore III, died at the scene.
“He was a wonderful young man with a zest for life, always a smile (dimples shining) never met a stranger and was loved by I believe anyone who ever spent any time with him,” Gilmore’s stepmother told News 5 after the crash.
Floyd and the other driver were not injured.
- Lovely Today; Tropical Storm Zeta Impacts Mid-Week
- BREAKING: Early morning shooting reported in Prichard
- Expert: France has “lost control” of the virus
- Baldwin County Landmark District supporters hold meeting Monday
- 2 juvenile girls in stolen truck lead troopers on chase ending near Argo