UPDATE: The Mobile City Council voted unanimously to approve a lease agreement with Mobile Sports and Entertainment Group.
MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Members of the Mobile City Council are poised to vote today on a lease agreement on Hank Aaron Stadium. No matter what’s decided today there is at least one consensus: save the Hank and make sure it’s not an empty husk.
Today the council may vote on a new lease agreement with Mobile Sports and Entertainment Group. They want to use “the Hank” for public events like college and high school baseball and concerts. They want a minor league team but aren’t obligated to find one to fill the void left by the BayBears.
The council could decline to do anything and later go with the Mississippi group. The group headed by the co-owner of the Biloxi Shuckers promises an Atlantic League team by 2021.
The council is likely to vote this morning after the proposal was held over for another week last Tuesday. A five-vote super-majority is needed to approve the proposal.
- Ozark couple charged with human trafficking, additional child porn crimes
- Tropical Depression Twenty-Nine has formed in the Caribbean
- All meters restored by Baldwin EMC
- Jaguars win Sun Belt Men’s Cross Country Championship
- Paws Across Pacific: Historic animal rescue flight provides hundreds of Hawaii shelter animals with forever homes