MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Jeremy Lami as officially been appointed Chief of Mobile Fire-Rescue Department. The resolution to appoint Lami was adopted by Mobile City Council at its Aug. 11 meeting.
Before the resolution was approved, City Councilman Levon Manzie asked Lami if he would be willing to move to the city of Mobile, and Lami said yes. Lami currently lives in Daphne.
“I’m not approving any leader … who is living somewhere else,” Manzie said.
The resolution was approved unanimously by the council.
Lami is replacing retiring Chief Mark Sealy, who has accepted the fire chief job in Gulf Shores.
- Protesters leave casket full of dirt, cow manure at North Carolina police station
- Run the GO Run and help raise money for local GYN cancer research
- Behind the scenes with Baldwin County EMA as Hurricane Sally recovery efforts continue
- Kentucky governor calls for release of Breonna Taylor evidence
- Woman says cemetery owners refuse to remove tree, told her to drive over graves