UPDATE: (3:08 PM 8/10/20): Mobile Police say 3-year-old is expected to be okay after being found unconscious in a pool Saturday afternoon.
On Saturday, Aug. 8, at about 4:30 p.m., police responded to the area of Taylor Place in reference to a 3-year-old child found face down in a pool. Prior to arrival, officers were notified that the victim had been transported to the hospital.
Upon arrival to the hospital, officers located the victim’s father. He stated that his mother-in-law was watching his son and left him unattended outside before finding him face down inside the swimming pool. He then rescued him from the pool and began chest compressions on him. The child was transported to the hospital for additional treatment.
On Monday, Aug. 10, police responded to the hospital for an update on the child. Officers were advised by the nurse that the child had been taken off the ventilator and breathing on his own. He is expected to be fine.
UPDATE (5:52 PM) — The child is reported to be fully-breathing upon transfer, according to MFRD.
MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Mobile-Fire Rescue say a 4-year-old boy was found unconscious in a pool Saturday.
Life-saving efforts are being administered on the child as he is being transported to the hospital, say MFRD.
- “Thriller Nights of Light” to kickoff Friday in Mobile at Hank Aaron Stadium
- ESPN: NFL doctor accidentally punctured QB’s lung
- Road to Recovery: Staff works to clean up mess Hurricane Sally left on Orange Beach
- OWA to create “Wall of Thanks” to show appreciation to linecrews, you’re welcome to contribute
- Pregnant woman pulls husband to safety after shark attack in Florida Keys