UPDATE (2:57 PM) — The Office of the Mayor in Prichard claims to have not been made aware of the street naming event as well as any Juneteenth activities until it was made public through promotions.
Despite having provided the inspiration for many events and following proper policies, procedures, and protocols, the Council never pursued resolutions to begin execution based on these attempts. Certain members of the City Council took it upon themselves to run with the ideas on their own without engaging Mayor or the rest of the City Council. This event was the latest of a series that have failed to follow protocol, follow the law, and be executed in good order.Office of the Mayor
The Office of the Mayor says this is not how he leads Prichard.
PRICHARD, Ala. (WKRG) — Meaher Avenue in Prichard is to be renamed to Black Lives Matter Street. An honorary ceremony will be held on Sunday, June 21, 2020, at 3 PM. The Prichard City Council said that the renaming will be an honorary change now and a legal change later.
- World’s Strongest Man competition heats up in California’s triple-digit temperatures
- Navy and FBI giving U.S. House committee classified UFO briefing today
- ‘It’s actually happening’: Two Kansas City area gymnasts ready to take on Olympic Trials
- Student loans forgiven for 18,000 former students of ITT Technical Institute
- Bear spends an hour trapped inside car with a case of beer