UPDATE 1:59 PM — The Mobile County Sheriff’s Office has released the name of the deputy involved in the shooting on Friday.
The sheriff’s office says Corporal Russell Norgren was the officer involved in the shooting that left one woman dead.
Norgren has been with the sheriff’s office since 2000. He is currently on administrative leave.
MOBILE COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) — The Mobile County Sheriff, Sam Cochran, confirms the woman involved in a deadly shootout with deputies on Friday had been using drugs off and on that day.
The sheriff’s office says deputies were called to the property on Bellingrath Road around 2 p.m. for a disorderly conduct call. When deputies got on scene, they began speaking with the woman. She got agitated and began firing at deputies from inside a trailer. A deputy then returned fire.
She has since been identified as Angel Alexander. Her husband’s family tells News 5 the 35-year-old had mental issues and had called a friend Friday, scared someone was following her.
- What’s Working: The 2020 Great Goose Chase
- Felix’s Fish Camp heavily damaged by Hurricane Zeta
- House fire reported in Stockton
- Pumpkin Volcano Halloween Science Experiment!
- BIKER DAD: Best biker Halloween costume ever? Couple dress as bison, woman depantsed at Sturgis