UPDATE (4:26 p.m. 2/26) — The Mobile County Sheriff’s Office has identified the people involved in the homicide in Grand Bay over the weekend.
The following is a statement from MCSO:
On February 22, 2020, at approximately 6:00 pm, Mobile County Sheriff’s Office was called to 8857 Viana Street, Grand Bay for a woman who had been shot.
MCSO Detectives said the shooter, ROBERT GREGORY THOMAS (DOB 4/2/67) was at the scene when deputies arrived and admitted to the shooting the deceased in self defense. Mr. Thomas stated NORMA JEAN “GINNY” WILSON (DOB 5/14/76), pointed a gun at Him and threatened to shoot him. Ms Wilson was someone known to Mr. Thomas, however, she was told not to come on property because of her threats and erratic behavior. A witness at the scene confirmed his story and the case will be turned over to DA and Grand Jury.Mobile County Sheriff’s Office
UPDATE (9:26 p.m.) — Authorities have officially confirmed this to be a domestic situation.
The incident happened around 5:50 p.m at the shooter’s residence. The victim, a woman in her 40’s, was uninvited and told to leave. An argument took place and during the altercation, she was shot and killed.
The shooter is detained for questioning as this may be possible self-defense.
GRAND BAY, Ala. (WKRG) — MCSO is working a homicide in Grand Bay on Viana St.
Deputies have the shooter on the scene. MCSO believes this to be the result of a domestic dispute.
News 5 will keep you updated as we learn more.
- Patient hospitalized for COVID-19 plays violin to thank caregivers while intubated
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments
- Former dog owner sleeps at animal shelters, comforting pets waiting for forever homes
- Operation Santa helps thousands of children in Northwest Florida
- Jeopardy! shares Thanksgiving message from late host Alex Trebek