MOBILE COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) —
UPDATE (11/02/2020) — The Mobile County Sheriff’s Office says Ryan Timothy Smith is now in their custody. Smith was located and arrested in Arkansas last week.
UPDATE (3:02 PM 10/29/20): Deputies say Ryan Timothy Smith has been arrested in Pocahontas, Ark. In addition to Smith’s arrest, Paul Hollingsworth was arrested last night. Deputies say Hollingsworth had been squatting in a trailer on the property where Derek Hase’s body was found. He is charged with felony possessing firearm and will likely face tampering with physical evidence and abuse of corpse charges because he knew the body was there, according to deputies. Deputies say Hollingsworth was friends with Smith. Shelby Hendrix was also arrested with Smith in Arkansas
The Mobile County Sheriff’s Office has found a body off Rock Point Road near Dauphin Island Parkway Thursday afternoon.
The sheriff’s office says they believe they have found the body of Derek Hase, who was reported missing on September 25th.
Since the discovery of Hase’s body, the sheriff’s office is looking for Ryan Timothy Smith, wanted for the murder of Hase. Smith is considered armed and dangerous.
This is a developing story.
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s how Biden might try to boost the economy
- Workers worldwide hold ‘Make Amazon Pay’ protests on Black Friday
- Truck stranded in Mobile Bay off causeway
- 10-year-old boy completes 50-yard challenge mowing lawns for free in his community
- Shoppers in Mobile line up for Black Friday deals despite COVID-19 changes