UPDATE (4:50 p.m.) — The Mobile Police Department has released the following information on the shooting that happened on Summerville Street Thursday morning.
“On Thursday, October 1, 2020 at approximately 11:15 a.m., police responded to the 600 block of Summerville Street in reference to one shot. The victim stated that the known male subject and his mother came to his residence to get her belongings. The subject brandished a gun, demanded the victim to give him his money and then shot him and fled the scene. The victim was transported to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries.”
UPDATE (1:05 PM) — Mobile Fire Rescue says a 62-year-old man was shot in his “lower extremities” and it seems to be non-life-threatening.
He was taken to a local hospital.
MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — According to the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office Crime Map, Mobile Police were called to the 600 block of Summerville Street Thursday morning to a report of a shooting.
WKRG News 5 is working on gathering more information.
This is a developing story.
- California police arrest 27 in EDD scam; 130 debit cards, $150,000 in cash recovered
- Search underway for missing 16-year-old in Montgomery
- Oklahoma twins’ TikTok election video gets millions of views
- ‘We deserve to be heard’: Man on mission to make voting accessible to Americans with disabilities
- Tracking the Tropics: Hurricane Zeta crashes onshore in storm-weary Louisiana