MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — The Mobile Area Water & Sewer System (MAWSS) says a grease blockage caused a sewage overflow into Eslava Creek Monday.
More than 1,500 gallons of wastewater spilled out from Claridge Rd off Dauphin St. Crews have cleared the blockage and are working to repair the mainline to prevent future issues.
MAWSS says they have free containers available to properly store grease for recycling.
Learn more at www.itseasytobeungreasy.com.
- Border Patrol agents ready to rescue migrants stranded in the snow and other harsh elements
- Former Super Bowl Champs settle Saints Jameis vs. Taysom debate
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- Winner of ‘Worst Cooks in America’ arrested in death of adopted 3-year-old daughter
- MPD: Traffic stop turns deadly after man armed with knife runs from police