MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — The Mobile Area Water and Sewer System (MAWSS) board voted 6-1 Monday in favor of a plan to increase rates.
Next year, the average household of a family of four would pay $2.91 more each month.
Then, in 2021, rates would go up 6.5 percent, followed by a 4-percent increase in each of the next two years. Sewage rates would go up each year as well.
- St. Paul’s beats Pleasant Grove to win 5A State Championship
- U.S. House passes bill that would prohibit public contact with big cats, like tigers
- More than 25 people rescued from human smuggling operation in Texas
- USA Health reports COVID-19 testing up 20 percent since Thanksgiving
- Comedian documenting fight against COVID-19 dies after 2nd Instagram video