MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Mobile Area Water & Sewer System (MAWSS) experienced multiple sanitary sewer overflows as a result of widespread power outages and heavy rainfall from Hurricane Sally on Sept. 16-17.
11,886 gallons of sewer overflows have been reported, and at some locations, the overflow is ongoing.
Below are the locations, estimated amounts and receiving waters. Some locations are ongoing. Several locations have been added and a complete list of overflow volumes will be provided once the overflows have stopped.
- Friday Night Football Fever Week 10 results
- Drexel On The Road: Backyard Game Brings Relief From The Pandemic Blues
- Best seat for the Trump Rally may not be what you think
- BIKER DAD: Wisconsin police search for road raging biker who pulled a gun on a family
- ‘Time is of the essence,’ asteroid samples escaping from jammed NASA spacecraft