MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Police have issued an arrest warrant for a man they say tied his wife up in bedsheets and electrical cords and forced her to withdraw money from an ATM.
On Tuesday, July 14, at about 10 a.m., police responded to the 800 block of Abilene Drive East in reference to an unlawful imprisonment involving a robbery.
The victim said her husband threatened her with a kitchen knife if she didn’t give him a large sum of money. She said when she refused to give him the money, he restrained her with bedsheets and electrical cords.
Police say minutes later, he made her drive him to the ATM on Airport Boulevard, west of the airport, and withdraw a large sum of money from her account. The man took the money and fled on foot. A warrant for the husband’s arrest is forthcoming.
- USA Board of Trustees appoints Dr. John Smith as acting president effective July 1
- House struck by lightning in North Baldwin County
- MPD: Man threatens to blow up I-65 Walmart, demands money
- VIDEO: Thousands of bikers buck COVID restrictions for motorcycle Mass at monastery
- Alabama, Mississippi ranked last in COVID-19 vaccine distribution, Florida not far behind