MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A man was killed after he was hit by a lifting device on Tuesday.
Mobile police say they got a call around 12:30 about an accident at the Harbor Rail Company on Telegraph Road. Police say a heavy rail car lifting device broke free from the moorings and struck the victim, critically injuring him. He died on the scene from his injuries.
Police have identified the victim as 23-year-old Michael Fisher Ganus.
- Supreme Court sides with Trump in birth control opt-out case
- Dog makes deliveries to help store keep distancing measures
- Australian man fights off snake while driving
- Planning a vacation to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg? What you need to know about wearing a mask
- Newsfeed Now: Interview with President Trump; Good Samaritan pulls driver from fiery crash