MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A man was killed after he was hit by a lifting device on Tuesday.
Mobile police say they got a call around 12:30 about an accident at the Harbor Rail Company on Telegraph Road. Police say a heavy rail car lifting device broke free from the moorings and struck the victim, critically injuring him. He died on the scene from his injuries.
Police have identified the victim as 23-year-old Michael Fisher Ganus.
- Here are the winning numbers for the Powerball jackpot worth $640 million
- Murder investigation underway after man found shot dead behind Alabama church
- MCHD: Nearly 950 vaccinated in county’s first COVID-19 vaccination event
- Cold tonight, warm and dry trend ahead
- Teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant