MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A man was killed after he was hit by a lifting device on Tuesday.
Mobile police say they got a call around 12:30 about an accident at the Harbor Rail Company on Telegraph Road. Police say a heavy rail car lifting device broke free from the moorings and struck the victim, critically injuring him. He died on the scene from his injuries.
Police have identified the victim as 23-year-old Michael Fisher Ganus.
- Mobile community prays for healthcare workers at ‘Light it Up Mobile’
- Coronavirus prayer movement makes it way through Mobile
- First glimpse inside Louisiana’s makeshift hospital during coronavirus pandemic
- Prosecutor: Man charged with felonies for claiming to spread COVID-19 to shopping carts, police car
- PPD: Man served child neglect warrant, charged for resisting arrest in Pensacola