MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — The 2020 Grand Marshal of the Mobile Area Mardi Gras Association has declared financial literacy as a platform issue during the Mardi Gras season. Kenneth Kelly is hosting a symposium at Blount High School targeting seniors and small business owners.
Kelly, chairman and CEO of First Independence Bank, plans to debut a 48-minute film on economics and politics by Retune Films.
“HAPI 2020”, shows the importance of family to the success of the community, according to a news release issued by 2016 MAMGA Grand Marshal Marcus Catchings.
Following the independent screening, Kelly and others will answer questions.
The film will be shown Feb. 20 at 1 p.m. The public is invited.
- Michigan teen who bathed in Wendy’s sink tells story
- Joy of Life, Floral Parade, Knights of Mobile 2020 parades
- Woman believes cold case suspect abducted her in 1989
- 2 people arrested and charged in connection with the disappearance of 15-month-old from Tennessee
- Huntsville-area parents indicted in starvation death of 3-year-old boy