MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — The 2020 Grand Marshal of the Mobile Area Mardi Gras Association has declared financial literacy as a platform issue during the Mardi Gras season. Kenneth Kelly is hosting a symposium at Blount High School targeting seniors and small business owners.
Kelly, chairman and CEO of First Independence Bank, plans to debut a 48-minute film on economics and politics by Retune Films.
“HAPI 2020”, shows the importance of family to the success of the community, according to a news release issued by 2016 MAMGA Grand Marshal Marcus Catchings.
Following the independent screening, Kelly and others will answer questions.
The film will be shown Feb. 20 at 1 p.m. The public is invited.
- City of Prichard to hold drive-through food pantry Saturday
- Video shows burglars tunneling into Oregon stores to steal $10K in equipment
- Cemetery worker buried alive, dies after grave collapses
- Crash on Old Pascagoula Road causes traffic jam
- Pensacola attorneys file joint motion in court against Skanska